If you are going to become the next music producer, one of the first things that you need to learn is to make your own best. A standard piece of music consists of three parts. You have the bass, the melody and the beats. The last dictates the mood as well as the tempo of the music. Beats are the instrumental part of the music and they are based on the drum rhythm. Getting your beats right and applied correctly to the song can make or break your musical career.
Here is how you go about making your own beat:
• You will have to choose whether you want to use hardware or software. Many people declare that using the hardware like drum machine increases creativity and passion for the music. However, more and more people are opting for software programs to make their own beat. There are a number of beat making software available in the market. Most offer a free trial. So, choose the one that suits you best.
• Once you have chosen a program, you should study it thoroughly to fully understand its potential. Check the sounds and the possible combinations. Only if you know your software very well, will you be able to use it to the best of its ability.
• Education is important in every forum, even when you are going to make your own beat. Read up on different styles of music. Listen to the pros. Emulation is another excellent method as long as you add enough of your individuality to make your beat unique. You should read the music magazines to understand the current demands.
• You need to give free reign to your creativity and use samples. Do remember to put in your passion and love for music in the equation when you start to make your own beat.
• There are a number of tips and beat making resources available over the internet though you will need to look thoroughly for them. Use them well to make your own beat.
• Though it happens rarely, you might want to add a sound to your beat that is not present in the software. To prepare for this eventuality, you should collect the different sounds. As a budding musician, you should have a good collection of diverse music.
Finally, be patient. It takes dedication, passion and sincere hard work to create music. So, put your heart in your songs and make your own beat unique and special.